London 10K Race July 2012
The London 10k Race is held in July each year and enables runners to enjoy running through some of the most famous parts of London (including the Embankment, Trafalgar Square and past the Houses of Parliament) on roads closed to traffic in order to raise funds for their favourite Charity.
Find out more about the 2012 10K London Run >
The September 2012 newsletter and the race night form 2012 now available for download.
Our aim is to promote and assist the relief of all people in the UK who have had a laryngectomy – This includes our FREE book ‘Laryngectomy is not a Tragedy’ by Sydney Norgate.
The Cancer Laryngectomee Trust was formed in 1985 by a laryngectomee, Sydney Norgate, to help provide support and understanding for people who are about to have, or have had, a laryngectomy.
In the twenty years since our creation, we have not only provided a vital support network for our members, we have also:
- Founded the National Association of Neckbreathers (NANB) – whose members receive emergency recognition aids and regular newsletters;
- Arranged rehabilitation functions for larygectomees and their carers;
- Promoted awareness and training in allied organisations, such as St Johns Ambulance and The Red Cross;
- Lobbied Parliament and the DSS in order to gain recognition of the condition as a disability and supported individual members in their application for appeals;
- Given small grants to members for a variety of purposes.